Welcome to our new website
The Island Radio Expedition Foundation (IREF) was founded in 1999 for the sole purpose of providing financial assistance for expeditions to rare IOTA islands. The organization was formed by AD5A, N5UR, AB5EB and NI5DX after activating H75A NA-209NEW for the first time. We couldn’t find any sponsors for our trip, there were no independent IOTA only DXpedition funding organizations in existence before IREF, nor does one exist today. Many clubs and organizations contribute to IOTA expeditions but none contribute to IOTA expeditions exclusively. IREF has provided over $75,000 in funding since its inception.
Some great reasons for you to support IREF:
- IREF only contributes to rare expeditions that are confirmed by 15% or less of IOTA chasers, so you know your money will go toward rare ones
- IREF has no expenses, all the money goes to expeditions
- When using OQRS you only support DXpeditions that you work, contributing to IREF who supports rare expeditions might provide enough support for expeditioners to go to that next one you need
- For all contributors you have the satisfaction of helping pave the way for continued activations for the good of the IOTA community
- For USA contributors, your contributions are tax deductible. IREF is a 501(c)(3), US based organization so contributions for US Citizens are tax deductible.
2020 IOTA Bash – Register now
IOTA Expeditioner of the Year Award
click the cast away picture for more information
1st Place – Cezar VE3LYC (15725 ponits)
2nd Place – Mike VE7ACN (13424 points)
3rd Place – Dave EI9FBB (10983 points)
If you’d like to contact IREF then please email Craig VK5CE at firstname.lastname@example.org